About Leah Benson, LMHC
About Leah Benson
Leah has been developing deep insight into brain science and a variety of topics including peak performance, mental resilience, productivity, and sleep since 1999.
She lives by same methods she teaches in order to optimize and enjoy her own life, personally and professionally.
Many say her methods are the only thing that has ever worked to bring them long-term relief and the lasting ability to feel pleasure.
Meet Leah Benson
“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.”
What qualifies me to do this work with you?
I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in Tampa, Florida. My formal education includes an Ed. M. and an M.A. in Counseling Psychology from Columbia University in New York. And I have been practicing psychotherapy and psychology in the Tampa Bay area continuously since 2001.
In addition to my credentials as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), I am certified in the following:
- Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC) by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- Certified Bioenergetic Therapist (CBT) by the Florida Society for Bioenergetic Analysis (FSBA)
- Certified Adoption Competent Counselor
- Licensed practitioner of neuro-linguistic programming (NLP), Dr. Richard Bandler Certification
- Certified Forensic Mental Health Evaluator (CFMHE)
My memberships include:
- Florida Society for Bioenergetic Analysis
- International Institute for Bioenergetic Analysis
- Suncoast Mental Health Counselors Association
- National Board of Forensic Evaluators
Most importantly, I practice what I preach. My personal practice includes:
- Completed 10 years of psychoanalysis.
- Completed 4 years consistent personal bioenergetic work during Bioenergetic Training.
- Maintain an on-going relationship with my analyst for consultation as needed.
- Engage in ongoing personal work at bioenergetic conferences multiple times per year.
- Engage in ongoing personal practices of bioenergetic exercise and mindfulness meditation.
- Monthly consulting/mastermind session with other bioenergetic psychotherapists.